Fibre Channel (SAN)

Add new switch to existing Fabric with different FOS

Hello, I am newbie on Brocade switching. I have to add a brand new Switch Brocade 300 (switch without any config) that has FOS v7.0.1a installed to a Fabric with other 2 Brocde 200E which have FOS v6.2.2f. I have read the release notes of v7.0.1a and they are full compatible.

I would like to know two things:

1- Is there any problem by joining two switches from different FOS on the same Fabric?

2- Is there any step by step document where I can see the add of a New Switch on a existing Fabric?

Thanks in advance,

Hernan

External Moderator

Re: Add new switch to existing Fabric with different FOS

--->>> I have read the release notes of v7.0.1a and they are full compatible.

This is the goal from Brocade in the Release Notes.

---->>> 1- Is there any problem by joining two switches from different FOS on the same Fabric?

Compatible FOS/Switch Plattforms are Full Supported and Approved by Brocade an can partecipate in the same Fabric without any impact, excepted some restrictions for FOS/Switches with Foot Notes as descripted in the Release Notes.

--->>> 2- Is there any step by step document where I can see the add of a New Switch on a existing Fabric?

this is a standard procedure, was discussed at several time here in the community, diverse Threads are available.

You need just to make some Basic settings, set unique DID, make sure the new switch have no config, etc.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook