Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Adatper Driver/Firmware Compatibility - FOS 7.4.1.B Upgrade

Good afternoon,

I have about 100 hosts connected to a Brocade DCX switch. I am preparing to upgrade the FOS code to 7.4.1.B and I am currently reviewing the hosts connected and their versions of drives and firmware. Is there a document anyplace that will help me determine compatibility between the 7.4.1.B FOS code and my installed adapters, drivers and firmware.

Also, is there anything similar to an EMC Grab that I can pull on a host that will allow me to view the "state" of the host prior to the upgrade to ensure that it is eligible for the upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Adatper Driver/Firmware Compatibility - FOS 7.4.1.B Upgrade

Hi 

I'm planning the same, I know you mention EMC (which I'm not familiar with) but for HP, you can use HP SPOCK, but you need a HP passport account. On here you can go through all your host models and check compatability easily. 

New Contributor

Re: Adatper Driver/Firmware Compatibility - FOS 7.4.1.B Upgrade

Would the information in a SAN Health report be enough?  Pretty sure it shows everything connected on the summary page / Port Map area for each host. I've found it very useful prior to my last upgrade.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook