Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

AG port mapping backup

Is there a way (like a configupload / configdownload in native mode) to backup the settings on a switch in AG mode?  Specifically the port mapping.

External Moderator

Re: AG port mapping backup

@jstaszko

I've never do configupload /download in a switch when set as Access Gateway, and any restrictions is unknown to me.

->Is there a way ...

what is you issue ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I want to be able to save the AG N-Port mapping for DR / hardware failure / replacement.

External Moderator

@jstaszko

->...../ hardware failure / replacement.

it depends on what is defective, if you have access to the switch trough CLI then you can do configupload and save the config.

otherwise you can try to extract and then recovery the config from supportsave if any is present.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

So that was my question, you can do a configupload on an AG mode switch?

External Moderator

the answer is simple, login to the switch as admin and do "configupload" and see what happened.

that all.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

This is for a client, I was hoping for a better answer than, "Just try this."

Brocade Moderator

Hi @jstaszko

you can do configupload and configdownload of AG - similiar to a switch to save your configuration settings. As noted in the CLI command reference guide in "ag" command description:

AG configuration changes are saved persistently as configuration keys

And can saved / restored with configupload/download together with other AG settings.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.