Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

7800 TPERF - Waits on Both Ends?

I have a pair of 7800s, each in a different city, connected via 500Mbit WAN. All 4 GE ports are in the same subnet which spans the two sites. GE0 and GE1 are in different segments of this subnet. I am able to ping from GE0 to GE0 through the WAN, and have successfully created a tunnel on GE0, with both 7800s merging into one fabric across the link. When I try to run tperf tests, I set the tperf flag to on for both sides, and start the sink side. The message I get in return is that tperf successfully started, waiting for source to start. I then start the source side and get the message stating successfully started, waiting for the sink to start. Both sides sit waiting on each other. When I then cancel the source side, the sink side generates the low-medium-high traffic messages that normally begin a tperf session, it then waits a few seconds then gets a timeout.

When I turn off the tperf flag on both sides, the fabric merges again and the tunnel remains online. I am able to ping GE0 to GE0. Running FOS 6.4.1a on both sides. There is a firewall between the sites - I would think that if the fabrics merge, then tperf should be able to get through as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tedd

New Contributor

Re: 7800 TPERF - Waits on Both Ends?

I learned that in 6.4.1a, tperf requires the -size parameter to be used. Once I started tperf with -size 1500, it started up as expected.

Tedd

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook