Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

5000 with NAS Device. 2 connections, one shows up as HBA, the other as Storage Device.

I have a clustered pair of Blue Arc heads which I will be backing up over FC with NDMP. From each head a single FC connection is made back to our 5000. One is plugged into port 2, the other port 4. One head shows us as an initiator (HBA), and the other as a Storage device (as expected).

Blue Arc has looked at their stuff and believe the heads are both configured the same. Is there any reason why this might be happening that you can think of? Is there a way to force the one showing up as an HBA Initiator to show up as a storage device?

If we switch the connections between ports 4 and 2, the config does not follow the switch. Meaning if port 2 shows up as HBA, and 4 as SD, when we swap the cables, port 2 continues to think the device connected to it is an HBA device. This seemed to indicate the issue might be switch side..

any other info you may need to understand the problem better, please let me know.

Thanks for your help,

Greg

New Contributor

Re: 5000 with NAS Device. 2 connections, one shows up as HBA, the other as Storage Device.

spoke with Brocade today, this is a 'easy switchsetup' web gui bug or similar. using the cli allowed us to sort it out. not sure what I was thinking trusting a GUI. 8)

-g

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook