Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

4/16 switch, zone manager is not showing up

I have a 4/16 switch that has a power pack but after upgradeing the switch firmware from 5.3 to 6.0.1a the license of the zone and web is showing as "unknown" and i can not see the zone manager on the left bar when loggin into the switch.

any suggestions ?

External Moderator

Re: 4/16 switch, zone manager is not showing up

null,

since FabOS rel. 6.0.0 are WEB and Zoning License Native and not longer required. ( see in the release notes )

This is the reason you unknown error.

You must remove the License key from the switch, before remove it save the license key in any case you will downgrade to 5.x you need this.

TechHelp24

WEB and Zoning are Native by FabOS 6.1 and not by 6.0

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks for your response.

The problem by removing the license key is that the key is also for the trunking and other features.

also, if rel 6.0 has zoning and web native why cant i see the zoning tab or the zoning manager ?

I have the same problem with a switch that has a 5.3.0 firmware.

Thanks.

External Moderator

Tal and null,

Sorry Please, i mean begin with FabOS 6.1.0 and not 6.0.0

Again, begin with FabOS 6.1.0, are only WEB and Zoning native, any License is here not longer requiered.

For all other Feature like, Trunking, Performance Monitor, and other you must have a valide license.

See attached Rel.Notes

Previously Licensed Software Now Part of Base FOS

The following capabilities are included as part of the base FOS capability and no additional purchase

or licensing is necessary:

• Advanced Zoning and WebTools licenses are no longer necessary beginning with FOS v6.1.

These features are automatically enabled on all products running FOS v6.1 or later.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
New Contributor

what about the zoning and domain managers ? is there a reason for them not to appear on the web connection ?

External Moderator

Tal,

by the current loaded Rel. FabOS 5.3.x, are the both License installed in the switch ?

Check with the command "licenseshow" and post the output here.

what is the Switch Type do you have ?

If you have any Switch listed in the FOS 6.1 Rel. Notes, you can upgrade to 6.1 in any case the License are lost.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook