Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

2850 (HP 2/16v) password recovery

I know this is not a new topic, but obviously the solutions are not foolproof, or else I wouldn't be asking.

External Moderator

Re: 2850 (HP 2/16v) password recovery

Hi RSMpaul,The Password recovery tools wich you spoken here, is intended only for VXWorks and 2xxx Series switch only, like 2400, 2800 and other switch same Family.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

I found it!Reset Passwords for Fabric OS v2.6.1, and v3.1a. At the “<a class="jive-link-adddocument" href="http://community.brocade.com/home/community-document-picker.jspa?communityID=&subject=VxWorksBoot">VxWorks Boot</a>” prompt for the switch, enter c.<BR>Note<BR>The value of the OSLoader= string should be set to the exact value from step 6 on page 8.<BR>10 of 12 Fabric OS Password Recovery Notes<BR>Publication Number: 53-1000114-01<BR>b. Type the requested information at the prompts. To accept the default value for a parameter, press Enter.<BR>The parameters are defined as follows.<BR>host name Name of machine on which Password Recovery firmware is located<BR>file name Full pathname where Password Recovery firmware is located<BR>inet on ethernet Switch IP address<BR>host inet Host IP address<BR>gateway inet Gateway address<BR>user Login name of user account on host machine<BR>Press any key to stop auto-boot...<BR><a class="jive-link-adddocument" href="http://community.brocade.com/home/community-document-picker.jspa?communityID=&subject=VxWorksBoot">VxWorks Boot5. Type @ at the <a class="jive-link-adddocument" href="http://community.brocade.com/home/community-document-picker.jspa?communityID=&subject=VxWorksBoot">VxWorks Boot</a> prompt to begin booting the Password Recovery version of the firmware from the<BR>network.<BR>The user, admin, factory, and root passwords are reset to the default values.<BR>6. Power the switch off and back on.<BR>7. Press any key when you see the message “Press any key to stop autoboot...” This provides access to the boot prompt.<BR>8. Set the switch to boot from the flash again:<BR>a. At the <a class="jive-link-adddocument" href="http://community.brocade.com/home/community-document-picker.jspa?communityID=&subject=VxWorksBoot">VxWorks Boothost is alive &lt;--

CONNECTION TO HOST PROVIDING FIRMWARE IMAGE&lt;BR&gt;Loading... 4407608 + 329564 + 1153796<BR>Starting at 0x10400000...<BR>Attaching network interface fei0... done.<BR>Attached TCP/IP interface to fei unit 0<BR>Attaching network interface lo0... done.<BR>telnetInit: telnetd initialized.<BR>NFS client support not included.<BR>efwHookAdd: Added Ethernet Hook<BR>Adding 9407 symbols for standalone.<BR>Model: 4<BR>flash time 0, creation time 1048818644<BR>Committing configuration...done.<BR>setting passwd to defaults &lt;-----FIRMWARE IMAGE RESETS PASSWORD TO BROCADE&lt;BR&gt;DEFAULTSPublication Number: 53-1000114-01

External Moderator

RSMPaul,"3"850 and "2"850 is a little difference,and i am not willing to longer comment here....

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Dear TechHelp24,If you are suffering from a lost password, but can't decipher my posted instructions, give me a shout at harig underscore paul at yahoo dot com and I'll see if I can help you.

External Moderator

-&gt;&gt;&gt; However, I have read at least one thread where you may have given somebody mis-information about password recovery.<BR><BR>I have "never" give mis-information in the past regard PW Recovery, and I am not authorized to post DOC like this here.<BR><BR>-&gt;&gt;&gt; If you are suffering from a lost password, but can't decipher my posted instructions, give me a shout at harig underscore paul at yahoo dot com and I'll see if I can help you.Again, I know this procedure very well, I have all this Documentation, and much many more.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook