Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

12K CP Flash memory full

Currently running 4.1.1 and understood there was a patch to correct a condition where flash memory reaches 100% over time and can corrupt the CP if you power cycle the switch or have a power failure. We actually lost both CP's in 2 12000's after power failure and had to replace all 4 CP's to get things back in order. Please advise.

Regular Contributor

Re: 12K CP Flash memory full

The problem is that the Apache access logs are filling up and not purging as they should. This happens everytime someone accesses the switch via webtools.Contact your Brocade SE and they can install a CRON job that will delete the logs everynight. You can also upgrade to 4.2.x and the problem is fixed.

New Contributor

Thanks for the info. I heard mention of exactly what you said through our Brocade rep. Our vendor is EMC, and they are saying they never heard of this problem, thus never addressed it. I would think something as critical as this would have been filtered down the vendor ranks in some shape or form. Thier story seems fishy, but would love some additional info. Was this problem/resolution posted anywhere?

New Contributor

I'm surprised that EMC would claim they never heard of the problem, when they have a PRIMUS solution to deal with this very problem.The procedure involves going in as root and manually cleaning up filesystems, removing core files, etc.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook