Blogs

Redefining Solutions: VDI with EMC and Brocade

By Scott Shimomura posted Dec 03, 2014 05:00 AM

XtremIO and Brocade. png.png

EMC is redefining what it means to deliver solutions for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI). Dictionary.com defines a solution as “the act of solving a problem, question, etc.” More often, it’s an overused marketing term in IT that implies a holistic approach to solving a fundamental business or IT problem. In reality, a solution is a thinly veiled term for a product. Just Google “VDI solutions” and you will find an initial page of “solutions” that point to VDI platforms, flash storage, and a laundry list of other products.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a product marketer and my primary function is outbound marketing for Brocade’s storage networking products. However, I realize Brocade’s networking technology is a component in an overall solution and try (don’t always succeed) to limit the hyperbole to where my products actually play, e.g. storage networking solutions.

With that said, EMC is delivering real solutions from leading industry partners through the EMC VSPEX End-user Computing Proven Infrastructure solution for VDI. It’s a complete reference architecture that includes virtualization, server, network, and storage technology. This solution vastly simplifies the deployment of new infrastructure and delivers on the promise of VDI with an efficient and flexible approach that’s been thoroughly tested in EMC’s labs. Core to the overall solution is the storage infrastructure that includes EMC XtremIO X-Brick all-flash arrays and Brocade Gen 5 Fibre Channel networking.

VDI is a demanding workload that demands massive and consistent performance to ensure an uncompromised user experience. Any degradation of performance either due to scale, latency, or IO limitations is a recipe for failure. However the performance can’t come at a cost that eliminates the economic benefits.

EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure solutions for VDI redefines what it means to be better together. With XtremIO X-Brick storage arrays, you are getting the leading all-flash arrays that provides better-than-desktop performance, simple scalability, and cost-effective efficiency. Brocade Gen 5 Fibre Channel is the perfectly matched storage networking foundation that delivers ultra-low latency, high reliability, and simple management for VDI workloads. It’s a winning combination that will accelerate mainstream adoption of VDI by combining irresistible economic benefits with an uncompromising user experience.

Do you want to find out how you easily scale up from hundreds of virtual desktops to thousands with an infrastructure that’s simple to deploy and easy to manage? Do you want to know what it takes to build a production-level VDI environment that can overcome the IT challenges that brings traditional infrastructure to its knees? It’s time to redefine your success metrics for solutions and create a new benchmark with technology from EMC and Brocade. 

To find out more, read the Enterprise Strategy Group’s Lab Spotlight: EMC VSPEX End-user Computing Proven Infrastructure with XtremIO and Brocade.

#vdx
#virtualization
#flashstorage
#vdi
#Gen5FibreChannel
#ESG
#datacenter
#emc
#vspex
#connectrix
#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity
#ssd