For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

zonning

hi,

I understand that fabric means that every server can sees every SAN through FC switches.right?

My server is connected to FC switch1 and this FC switch1 is connected to a port from SAN.

I like to make the zoning thus my server will see SAN.

I must go on FC switch1 and perform the zoning or i can use any other FC switch (from fabric) to perform the zoning?

Can i see the zone configuration from any FC switch?Can i search for a certain WWPN of an HBA port from a server in any FC switch?

tnx

Occasional Contributor

Re: zonning

Hi,

Please see my answers to your questions

Q)  I understand that fabric means that every server can sees every SAN through FC switches.right?

A) A single switch can be a fabric and multiple switches connected with an ISLs sharing same zoning configuration, which enables servers to see allowed storage devices through zoning and masking is also a fabric.

Q) I must go on FC switch1 and perform the zoning or i can use any other FC switch (from fabric) to perform the zoning?

A) You can go to any interconnected switch and perform zoning.

Q) Can i see the zone configuration from any FC switch

Yes

Q) Can i search for a certain WWPN of an HBA port from a server in any FC switch?

A) use nodefind command

>nodefind 50:00:00:e0:60:01:ce:c3

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.