For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

trigger RSCN on brocade switch?

Is there any command to trigger RSCN on brocade switch?

Contributor

Re: trigger RSCN on brocade switch?

In a way, yes... But these commands are also doing other actions.

It would be helpful to understand the context of your question, what are you trying to simulate/reproduce?
Occasional Contributor

There is some driver code being instrumented around ADISC for which i would like to get RSCN from switch.

Using portdisable/enable is dropping the ADISC response frames and hence the requirement of any commands

or workarounds.

Contributor

So you need that your HBA driver receives some RSCN? Do you portdisable/portenable the port where your HBA is attached or some other port?
Occasional Contributor

The problem is I do get RSCN after portdisable and then send ADISC from 1 HBA node.However by the

time the port is enabled I guess I am loosing the response for the ADISC from the other node HBA.I am interested

in reading the ADISC response.Hence I was looking for an alternate command or anything without disabling/enabling the switch

port.

Contributor

Do you portdisable/portenable the port where your HBA is attached and where you expect to receive the messages? Or do you portdisable/portenable some other port?
Occasional Contributor

Yes.I am disabling the hba belong to my zone.

However the point is or my original qn is ...are there any commands i can use without disabling/enabling ports.

Contributor

There's no tool to send a "test" RSCN, maybe in the MFG/ENGG lab there are some means for that, but I doubt we might have any access to that kind of things.

RSCN are being sent for many events, but most of them do not affect F-Ports and attached devices, i.e. new switch joins the fabric, switch changes the name etc... So these are useless to you.

What you need is some changes in your zone, e.g. device login/logout that you simulate with portenable/portdisable. Zone change that includes or removes a member. I can only think of something like that...
Occasional Contributor

Ok. Thanks.

Contributor

You could try doing a portdisable, then a portenable on the same command line:

portdisable 2&&portenable 2.

&& = perform 2nd command if 1st is successful.

Essentially, the port should only be down for as long as it takes FOS to process both commands.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.