For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

(segmented,zone conflict)

I have a brocade silkworm 3800 and getting this error message (segmented,zone conflict). I am looking for away to resolve this error, the step by step instructions

External Moderator

Re: (segmented,zone conflict)

@jprovine

--->>> (segmented,zone conflict)

is this switch ISL as member of a fabric where another switch in the Fabric have a owned config ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

@Antonio Bongiorno TechHelp24

Yes it is supposed to be one of three switches that are supposed to work as a secondary "fabric 2" I would assume that by shared config that the three switches should be working together and have the same zone config. What is the process of backing up the configs?

Broadcom Moderator

Pick the switch which has the CORRECT zoning that you want to keep, either SW1 or SW2 or SW3. 

On the OTHER switches, that you do NOT want to maintain the zoning, and have it accept the existing zoning from the good zoning cfg file perform these commands:

1. portdisable ( all ISL ports involved) 
2. cfgdisable 
3. cfgclear 
4. cfgsave 
5. defzone –allaccess 
6. portenable (all ISL 
ports involved) 

If you want to make a copy of the cfg before clearing it on the switches which have existing cfg files, use the configupload command to save the switch configuration(including the zoning elements and members) to an external FTP server;

Example:

admin> configupload  ftp 192.168.1.254,admin,/user/sbin/SW1_config.txt

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.