Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

port throughput error on san switch from the monitoring server

CRITICAL . Value is: 1.00

MSG Long:

Number error in this line :problem connecting to store-sw-21, port 23: connect timed-out at /pkg/vdc9i/patrol/scripts.D/SAN_SWITCH_IO_THROUGHPUT.D/porterrshow.pl line 11 => tx = 1000000 ... rx = .

need to troubleshoot

Broadcom Moderator

Re: port throughput error on san switch from the monitoring server

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Based on the message you have provided, it is looking like to be more a communication issue through the Ethernet management port during the script was running. Seems to be an IP connection issue.

Try to ping the concerned switch and check it global status and Ethernet connection.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

is it not really related to the san port though put as it has mention in the message

Broadcom Moderator

Where this message is coming from exactly?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

this message is from monitoring server 

Occasional Contributor

Number error in this line :problem connecting to store-sw-21, port 23: connect timed-out at /pkg/vdc9i/patrol/scripts.D/SAN_SWITCH_IO_THROUGHPUT.D/porterrshow.pl line 11 => tx = 1000000 ... rx = .

origin: monitoring server.:3183

objectClass: SAN_SWITCH_IO_THROUGHPUT

object: SAN_SWITCH_IO_THROUGHPUT

parameter: PatrolStatus

cluster: MONITORING

prio: 3

assignment: AS-MONITORING-2ND

servicetime: 1

Event Time: 20171215092225.000000+060

Broadcom Moderator

store-sw-21 is one of the Brocade switch?

My understanding is still the same. Script from the management server has failed to collect data from store-sw-21 at a specific point of time.

Broadcom Moderator

Does this message has been seen again since last occurrence?

Occasional Contributor

No message after this yet.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.