For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor

managing the Switch

Hi, we go a new Ds-6510b and I'm having issues with it.  after downloading the EZsetup file I ran the installation it goes smooth my device get detected fine, also i was able to assigne an ip address manually all good I finish.  now when ever I try to go to the IP address I assigned to the device it bring me back to the setup wizard and in the first screen that comes up it has a place to enter the new password and confirm new password and under that I have the time zone and the switch or device name.  from there I can not proceed every time i try to enter new password and confirm it, i get an error message failed to change passwords please try again, not that i want to change the password I don't want to change it and i dont see a spote where i can enter my old password before I enter new password.  how can I fix this issue is java causing this ??  I don't want to change my password I just want to manage the switch.

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.