For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

i want to do firmware upgration in DCX -6-8 can you please suggest me the process

dear Team, 

i want formware upgration in DCX model and how to check the paths of hosts and how to take backup of switch and how to do firmware upgration total process i want ..

thanks in advance 

Regular Contributor

Re: i want to do firmware upgration in DCX -6-8 can you please suggest me the process

Hello,

at first it will be great if you will share current FOS version and target FOS which you would like to achive.

Second thing is which OS type on host are you using?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg
Occasional Contributor

Re: i want to do firmware upgration in DCX -6-8 can you please suggest me the process

7.x 

Occasional Contributor

present is 7.x and i want to upgrade to 8.1.2f 

Regular Contributor

Hello,

if you would like to do upgrade non-disruptively you have to go over steps in table abellow.

Pay attention that from FOS 7.4.x the MAPS will be automatically enabled so if you would like to keep your Fabric Watch tresholds you have to convert it before upgrade.

7.0.* >> 7.1.*   >> 7.2.*  >> 7.3.*  >> 7.4.*   >>8.0.*   >> 8.1.*

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.