Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

configuration setting change in DCX

Hi

As we have port reset often in DCX 8gbps switch, we are planning to change the below configurations. which is advised by our support vendor.

system.i2cTurboCnfg value to 1

and

system.cpuLoad  value to 10

what exactly is the effect on FOS once these changes are done ?

Thanks in advance..!

External Moderator

Re: configuration setting change in DCX

[ Edited ]

@Kalaivani

with the command "configurechassis"

in systems attributes select y or yes

now you can change the value as desidered

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks Antonio..

yes am aware of those steps to implement , just like to know what exactly this change is for?

Broadcom Moderator

Hello,

Your support vendor should be able to provide you necessary documentation around that as they recommend it.

In resume, those parameters will make sure SFP read operations will not get interrupted under high CPU load.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
External Moderator

@Kalaivani

as fair as i remember, the procedure was suggested by brocade on 8G Platforms - Gen4 - due high level of CPU Load, such caused time out or link fails.

the effect when the Value are changed is to avoid in some circumstance such link fails or time out

If you Support Vendor for some reason suggest to change the value, then ask please by Support guys for a TSB = technical Support Bulletin.

TechHelp24
Contributor

As we didn't have direct support from brocade i am coming here. I understand the SFP setting to 1.

But i didn't understand what the system.cpuLoad command will do ? In general i read its definition

"it Sets a threshold to define internally when the CPU is busy. "  from CLI guide of DCX.

Could you please explain this little brief?

Contributor

Thanks for your information.. as i didn't have direct brocade support , am not getting a good answer.

system.cpuLoad: (10..121) [121] 10   is the recommendation from brocade when my support contacted brocade internally.

I am trying to understand why this threshold limit is for?

Broadcom Moderator

System.cpuLoad is an attribute to change the CPU polling cycle.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.