For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Zoning Brocade 6505 and HPE MSA2040

Hello!

Is it correct that there should be only one target and one initiator per zone in the configuration of the zones? What about the controllers of the HPE MSA 2040? Is only one port of the HBA combined with a port of the MSA 2040 in a zone?

For example:

SAN_SW_3
ServerA_PortA0; Storage_PortA1 - Zone: Hyper-V_Cluster01_Zone1 (ServerA_PortA0; Storage_PortA1)

ServerB_PortA0; Storage_PortB1 - Zone: Hyper-V_Cluster01_Zone2 (ServerB_PortA0; Storage_PortB1)

Zone Config: Name “Hyper-V_Cluster01_SW_3” (Hyper-V_Cluster01_Zone1 ; Hyper-V_Cluster01_Zone2 )

SAN_SW_4

ServerA_PortA1; Storage_PortA2 - Zone: Hyper-V_Cluster01_Zone3 (ServerAPortA1; StoragePortA2)

ServerB_PortA1; Storage_PortB2 - Zone: Hyper-V_Cluster01_Zone4 (ServerBPortA1; StoragePortB2)

Zone Config: Name “Hyper-V_Cluster01_SW_4” (Hyper-V_Cluster01_Zone3 ; Hyper-V_Cluster01_Zone4 )

Currently I only use one zone per switch.
Hyper-V_Cluster01_SW3

Members:

ServerA_PortA0

ServerB_PortA0

Storage_PortA1

Storage_PortB1

Hyper-V_Cluster01_SW4

Members:

ServerA_PortA1

ServerB_PortA1

Storage_PortA2

Storage_PortB2

Thanks.

Ralf

Frequent Contributor

Re: Zoning Brocade 6505 and HPE MSA2040

Hello Ralf,

There is no problem if you will use more tagters for one initiator.

But if you will use only one initator and one target, its better during troubleshotings.

As i know, you may use more targets with one initator together in one zone.

Its your choice depens of number of zones and your preferences.

For your currently setup you have two initiators in one zones, but as i see it comes from two different server.

There may be a a security risk as the initatiors may comunicate with each other...

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg
Contributor

Re: Zoning Brocade 6505 and HPE MSA2040

Brocade Best Practice is Single initiator Multi-Target zoning.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.