For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?

PORT (ID: 11) QOS IS DISABLED

Broadcom Moderator

Re: What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?

Hi,

QoS is Quality of Service. It is default AE (Autoenabled). No Action necessary from my view. No impact on a standard F Port.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Contributor

Re: What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?

First of all, 48000 doesn't fully support QoS, if my memory doesn't cheat me. It only supports QoS on the ISL links, i.e. some transit traffic that originates out of of 48K and also goes elsewhere can be QoS enabled. In order to support this, the ports on the 48K can be configured as QoS capable.
I bet that the port 11 where you see this message is connected to a switch with the QoS enabled port. On a link up, the remote switch tries to negotiate the extended QoS enabled VCs but 48K refuses and prints this message.
General ROT (not necessarily related to 48Ks that are in fact beyond End of Life) regarding QoS is:
- If you use QoS, or you plan to implement it, then enable it.
- If you don't use and won't use it, disable it to save buffer credits on the ASICs.
- If you only have latest and powerful platforms that have more than enough buffer credits, then just don't care.
New Contributor

Thank you Thomas
New Contributor

Thank you Alexey

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.