12-18-2009 01:24 PM
We have several 4100 switches in a flat fabric.
I am looking to get some insight to environmentals, performance etc.
Configuring Fabric Watch seems overwhelming. Is there an easy way to configure or a way to implement someone else's Fabric Watch configurations?
12-18-2009 11:26 PM
Do you have the other guys switch configuration?? if yes, then delete all the configuration except for the fabric watch stuff. You can then download the configuration on any of the switches you like.
The defaults are fine for environmental problems, but if you need performance related counters you have to do this urself. Fabric manager can help you in some ways. Read pg 170-171 of the FM admin guide PN 53-10000610-02
Replicating a switch Fabric Watch configuration
1. Select the switch.
2. Select Tasks > Switch Configuration Management > Replicate Configuration.
3. Choose Fabric Watch Configuration to launch the Fabric Watch Configuration wizard, as shown
. Click Next to continue.
Choose the source that you want to replicate. You can use a file, another switch, or the Fabric
Manager Repository. Click Next to continue.
5. Depending on the source type you chose, enter (or select) the information and click Next.
6. Select the destination switch. This is the switch you want to replicate to. Click Next.
7. Click Replicate to begin the process.