For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Virtual Fabric enabled on two switches

Hi,

VF is enabled per default. I would also agree to Marian and would consider leaving it enabled, it does not harm.

Disruptive reboot is not really worth the thing you are trying to achive in my eyes. However if you choose to do it nothing configuration like, etc. will be lost.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Virtual Fabric enabled on two switches

Disabling vf went very smooth and all it took was a reboot.   All hosts on that switch were dual attached as we have 2 fabrics so no impact at all on host side.  

We have about 25 switches and only these 2 had the vf turned ON.  While it may not cause anything we wanted to be consistent accross the board and have them all configured the same. 

If this feature will be needed in the future we would need to turn it ON.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.