For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Re: Urgent: Brocade Switch ..a user creation not happening and Java issue for web gui

Hi , I edited the java security settings and added the site in both way , mentioned below . tried changing all the setting mentioed in Web Tool admin Guide , and also got the Java JRE  1.8.0_51 , and tried to hit the IP in the IE v 11 browser but its not able to open and say fix the connection .

https://10.xx.xx.**filtered**/switchExplorer_installed.html

https://10.xx.xx.**filtered**

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Urgent: Brocade Switch ..a user creation not happening and Java issue for web gui

Hi ,

I am still waiting for the response , could you please respond with the answer .

Visitor

This is a serious problem.

Downgrading Firefox to 51.x or changing JRE to 6.x or 7.x seems to work. Btw, we are on RHEL 7.x
Contributor

Re: Urgent: Brocade witch ..a user creation not happening and Java issue for web gui

Hi ,

Does installing JRE v 6 .x  will solve the Web tool issue ? I had tried with 1.7 but it did not work .

I have FOS 7.4.2c code on all the switches.

Also i could see the VF virtual fabric is enabled but there is no virtual fabric defined nor any logical switches and i wanted to create user id's for admin and operator role but its not allowing me create , could you help me with this as well ? Do i need to disable the VF before i create user ids ..

External Moderator

Re: Urgent: Brocade witch ..a user creation not happening and Java issue for web gui

sharmab@1983

it is not a issue related to any VF

1) Uninstall all JAVA release.

2) Install follow JAVA both 64 bit:

a) 7 Build 76 or higher

b) 8 Build 181 or higher

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hi Antonia ,

Thanks for the response. Could you please provide me the correct java code link which you are mentioning , i am not sure whether i am downloading the correct version from oracle site  or not because i tried with all the version of java and it does not work .

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Also i am trying to create user id for my coleague using the CLI and when i try to create with "admin" priviledge.

I am getting this warning .

F110_BD114_20:FID128:admin> userConfig --add tpc -r admin
Usage: userConfig --add <username> -r <LF role> -l <LF_ID list> [-h <LF_ID>] [-c <chassis role>] [-d <description>] [-x]

Can you please help with these two question as early as possible.

External Moderator

Contributor

Thanks Antonia , i will try it ...in the mean time could you please help me with this query ..

I am trying to create user id for my coleague using the CLI and when i try to create with "admin" priviledge.

I am getting this warning .

F110_BD114_20:FID128:admin> userConfig --add tpc -r admin
Usage: userConfig --add <username> -r <LF role> -l <LF_ID list> [-h <LF_ID>] [-c <chassis role>] [-d <description>] [-x]

External Moderator

[ Edited ]

hi sharmab@1983

what ever is you name.....

I would suggest to put both Admin Guide and the Command Reference manuals on the hand.

here a test on my Brocade 7800 as example how to create / add user trough the CLI

TH24_7800_FAB4_FCR_A:FID128:admin> userconfig --add tpc -l 1-128 -r admin -c admin

Setting initial password for tpc

Enter new password:
Re-type new password:
Account tpc has been successfully added.
TH24_7800_FAB4_FCR_A:FID128:admin>

TH24_7800_FAB4_FCR_A:FID128:admin> userconfig --show tpc

Account name: tpc
Description:
Enabled: Yes
Password Last Change Date: Tue Oct 16 2018 (UTC)
Password Expiration Date: Not Applicable (UTC)
Locked: No
Home LF Role: admin
Role-LF List: admin: 1-128
Chassis Role: admin
Home LF: 1
TH24_7800_FAB4_FCR_A:FID128:admin>

BTW. it is not suggested to create a username shorts leght as 5 characters, in you case you select "tpc"

TechHelp24
External Moderator

sharmab@1983

abaut JAVA......

I'm quite sure, my son Vincent @VinTech24 he is 15 years old, can assist you as well to fix the java issue. you need simple to give him remote access to you server in example via TeamViewer and can you learnig a lot of things.

Have a fun.

TechHelp24

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.