For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Upgrading Brocade 300 from FOS 6.x to 7.x?

Hello,

I recently replaced my Brocade 300 8G switches with Brocade 6505.

I want to repurpose our retired Brocade 300 switches for testing, they are running 6.x firmware and I want to update them to the latest 7.x branch.

I have downloaded the latest 7.x FOS from Brocade.

Question is in regards to licensing, these switches are not under any maintenance any longer so will I be able to take note of my existing license keys on the switches running FOS 6.x - and then add those back in when I upgrade to the latest 7.x branch of software?

What I don't want to end up doing is, upgrading from 6.x to 7.x only to findout that I need new license keys etc.. which whould be a dead end because we don't have active support or maintenance on them.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Upgrading Brocade 300 from FOS 6.x to 7.x?

bump

Occasional Contributor

Re: Upgrading Brocade 300 from FOS 6.x to 7.x?

Looks like my upgrade path is (for anyone else that stumbles on this issue):

6.4.2 > 7.0.x > 7.1.x > 7.2.x > 7.3.x > 7.4.x

The "x" being the latest available release in that branch.

I was able to get access to the FOS downloads by going through Dell's Support page and looking up my switch and clicking the link that takes me to Brocade.

I spoke to brocade and they mentioned license keys should not be lost in the "upgrade" but best to take note of them all in case we need to for any reason do a clean install.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.