For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Trial licenses on old equipment

Hi,

In the lab test of my company we have 2 old equipment:

Director 48000: FOS 6.4.2b
SW Brocade 7500: FOS 6.4.3f

and we have to perform an FCIP test so we request a trial license, but these licenses only work in FOS v6.0 and later and in 8510, 7800 or 7840 teams.
Will there be a configuration we can do to make these licenses work?

Thanks for your help.

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Trial licenses on old equipment

Hello,

Are you looking for temporary license: Extended Fabric License?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

A brocade representative enabled us the following licenses but warning us that the equipment was very old, but that anyway we tried, the licenses enabled are:

- Advanced Extension for the SW 7500

- 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Advanced Extension for the SAN 48000 DIrector

When testing the licenses I get an error that these are wrong, my question is if there is a way to operate these licenses on these old equipment.

Thanks for the help.

Broadcom Moderator

Please send me your email address in private message.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.