02-21-2018 05:17 AM
I'm currently looking for a supported SFP+ modul that can be used with CWDM and got a bit confused by the documentation. I've a Brocade 6505 Switch that I want to connect to a CWDM with 1550 and 1570nm wavelength. I found fitting SFPs on the Smartoptics website. "SO-SFP-16GFC-ER-C55" and "SO-SFP-16GFC-ER-C57" seem to be good matches to achieve my goal.
But I can't find those one in the "Fabric OS8.x Compatibility Matrix".
Looking at "16G CWDM0-40km" I only find "16G-ER-Dxxx-BR1" modules. But those ones are for DWDM, arn't they?
In the 8G section are the Cxx models listed. So the question is this a mistake in the documention or are the 16GFC-ER-Cxx SFPs realy not supported? And if so, what SFP should I use?
Thanks in advance,
02-21-2018 05:33 AM - edited 02-21-2018 05:35 AM
part number 16G-ER-Dxxx-BR2 is supported on Brocade 6505.
see note below.
New optical transceivers
FOS v8.0.2 supports the following new optical transceivers on the noted devices
• 40GbE ER4 40km QSFP (part number 57-1000327-01) on Brocade 7840
• SmartOptics 8G DWDM 70km SFP+ (part number 8G-ZR-Dxxx-BR1) on Brocade 6505, 6510, 6520, 7840, and DCX8510.
• SmartOptics 16Gbps DWDM 40km SFP+ (part number 16G-ER-Dxxx-BR1) on Brocade G620, X6 with FC32-48 and SX6.
• SmartOptics 16Gbps DWDM 40km SFP+ (part number 16G-ER-Dxxx-BR2) on Brocade 6505, 6510, 7840, DCX8510, G620, X6 with FC32-48 and SX6. Not supported on 6520.
• SmartOptics 16Gbps ER 40km SFP+ (part number 16G-ER-BR2) on Brocade 6505, 6510, 7840, DCX8510, G620, X6 with FC32-48 and SX6. Not supported on 6520.
02-21-2018 06:31 AM
Thanks for your fast reply, Antonio. The part number you mentioned would be this one from the SmartOptics site, right?
SO-SFP-16GFC-ER-Dxxxx SFP+, 16/8/4Gbps FC/FICON, DWDM, SM, DDM, 13dB, 40km
Regarding the datasheet, those modules are for DWDM and not CWDM.