01-09-2013 07:59 AM
Does anyone have any idea how I can get the Brocade SMI-S agent working when a Brocade Switch (300, 5000, 5100, 5300) has had an ACL security configuration implemented?
1. The host and switch can ping.
2. The host with SMI-S does not have a lun attached so do I need to attach a lun?
3. If I need to attach a lun to the SMI-S host, do the host WWNs need to be added to the ACL?
4. When I try to log into the switch from SMI-S, I get the error code 4 but doesn't say what is causing it. I cannot log into the switch from the SMI-S agent.
5. SMI-S Agent version 120.9.0.
6. There are no security settings enabled via the SMI-Agent and I am using HTTP not HTTPS to connect. Only one or two of the switches in the fabric have ACLs but this is a principal/subordinate configuration with a total of 24 switches. So, I think between the ISLs the ACL is blocking fabric connections.
7. Does the SMI-S agent use just ethernet to monitor the switch or is it a combination of http connections and F/C connections?
I'm not an expert with SMI-S so I am trying to figure out what I need to do.
PS: Switches are running FOS 6.4.2a
Thanks for your help in advance!