Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

SAN Switch 4/32B Displays "No_Light" Port Status

Good afternoon.  I'm trying to establish ISLs between our existing SAN Switch 4/32Bs (Brocade Silkworm 5000) and Cisco Nexus 5672UP-16Gs.  Unified port 22 on the Nexus switches are populated with Cisco 8Gb SW transceivers and were configured to autonegotiate, but I've since had them set to 4Gb thinking the connection couldn't negotiate properly.

I have port 11 on the SAN Switch 4/32Bs populated with HP 4Gb SW transceivers and an OM3 multimode LC/LC patching 4/32B to Nexus.  I confirmed port 11 is a licensed port on the 4/32Bs.  I've tried reconfiguring port 11 and disabling/enabling the port, but still only see a Port Status of No_Light.  Firmware on the 4/32Bs is old (6.4.1b), but I was reluctant to upgrade as these switches are pretty long in the tooth.

Port 15 on the 4/32Bs were already configured to support ISLs between the two 4/32Bs supporting Fabric A and the two 4/32Bs supporting Fabric B.  I thought I could just configure port 11 to match port 15 and would be good to go, but obviously that isn't the case.  What am I missing here?  Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

Re: SAN Switch 4/32B Displays "No_Light" Port Status

I'd have to double check the FOS level, but interop mode for connections between Cisco and Brocade was disabled long ago...

Broadcom Moderator

Re: SAN Switch 4/32B Displays "No_Light" Port Status

Hi,

that's simply not supported and wont work.

Notice that your B5000s are already End of Support for a long time, too.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.