For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Piw

Restoring default port name?

Hello!

Recently I enabled Dynamic Port Name on switch, and I noticed, that ports that were previously manually named, were not assigned new dynamic name. So my question is, how to force port to accept new name from DPN or how to restore it to default name?

Also, as second question - when is new port name assigned, when Dynamic Port Name is enabled? Only once, when exiting "configure" after enabling DPN? Or every time the port state changes?

Thanks in advance!

External Moderator

Re: Restoring default port name?

@Piw

from command line, do follow:

portcfgpersisentdisable port_number

portcfgdeault port_number

portcfgpersistentenable port_number

be aware persistent disable command is traffic disruptive

now is the port set to default

TechHelp24
Broadcom Moderator

Hello,

To remove previous configured port name manually, you can use the command:

portname x/y -n ""

This will erase previous portname and use the dynamic one instead.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Broadcom Moderator

DPN is enable after enable it with configure command.

To remove previous portname setup for previous ports, use command portname x/y -n ""

Automatically the concerned port will be setup with DPN.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.