For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Replacing DCX 85104 with SAN96B-5 - How to move the Zoning config from one switch to other

Hi Team,

We have DCX 8510-4 with storage and hosts connected which needs to be replaced by IBM SAN96B-5 soon.

Please can you suggest the best way of moving the zone config on the DCX 8510-4 to SAN96B-5 ??

Would prefer the one with less rework .

Thanks in Advance.

External Moderator

Re: Replacing DCX 85104 with SAN96B-5 - How to move the Zoning config from one switch to other

you have TWO options to move config from one switch to another

methode 1) configupload from old switch -> configdownload to -> new switch

methode 2) isl both old and new switch, the config will be synch itself, then you need just do disconnect the old switch

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Re: Replacing DCX 85104 with SAN96B-5 - How to move the Zoning config from one switch to other

Hi Techhelp,

Thanks for the update.

Do you forsee any problems in full configupload from DCX 8510-4 being downloaded to SAN96B-5 ??

Can i then follow the same

1. Install SAN96B  and power it on

2. Configdownload the DCX 8510 config

3. schedule downtime on DCX 8510-4 fabric and physically move cables to SAN96B

External Moderator

-->>Do you forsee any problems in full configupload from....

NO.

I have a Project in near future to Migrate Old's Brocade 48000 to DCX-8510-4

I've in the meantime received from this my customer the productive config from 48K and download to my DCX in my lab, withut any kind of problem.

BTW: I made in the past at several time this procedure and work fine.

You must just planned bevore begin with the migration a window, ensure new switch have unique IP Address, and FOS Firmware is compatible with all other switch in the Fabric.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Techhelp.

Just one more query.

Can i do a "configupload all"  from the switch and do a "configdownload all"  on the target switch  ??

Also if i do the ISL method, can i do without downtime of the environment  , if i move path by path of each server  from one switch to another  ??

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.