For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

POD License for "Brocade 20 port 8 Gb SAN Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter"

Hello,

We have 2 IBM Blade Center E series in our datacenter and 2 SAN Switches (Brocade 20 port 8 Gb SAN Switch Module) in each Blade Center. Recently we needed to activate number of ports by POD Licence. So I have 2 questions about it.

1) 1-14 port are available for Blade Servers (internal connection - 1 for each slot) and 0, 15-19 are for external connection. Assuming that blade servers have a FC Expansion Card and ports are activated, do we need anything else to connect them to the SAN Swith? As I know it's pretty straightforward process. 1- install an expansion card to the server, 2-install it to slot and configure zoning.

2) We asked local vendor to send us price of a POD license of the SAN Switches and then they replied that the support for the product had already ended. Therefore we needed by new San Switch module. Is it true? Because it seens really weird, we just need POD license for 5 ports. If possible where should I ask to get the POD licenses for our SAN?

Thank you in advance!

External Moderator

Re: POD License for "Brocade 20 port 8 Gb SAN Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter"

@ForzaJuve83

---->>>....we just need POD license for 5 ports.......

POD License on Gen4 Switches are available depend on switch model as 8 or 16, and are unique associated to WWN Number.

See my message in you Private Message inbox.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: POD License for "Brocade 20 port 8 Gb SAN Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter"

Thank you for the reply!

I've sent an email to you!

New Contributor

I've sent the output.

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.