Fibre Channel (SAN)

Need to change FID of DCX switch

Hi all,

We are planning to change the FID of the DCX switch in our environment. We currently have 4 switches, 2 in one fabric and 2 in the other fabric with the FID for all switches as default 128, the domain id being 11 for switch 1 and 13 for switch 2 in a fabric, the domain is 12 for switch 3 and 14 for switch 4 in a fabric. We dont have any VF, VC, NPIVs in our infra. The FOS config is as below

Switch 1:FID128:user> fosconfig --show
FC Routing service: disabled
Virtual Fabric: enabled
Ethernet Switch Service: disabled

Switch 2:FID128:user> fosconfig --show
FC Routing service: disabled
Virtual Fabric: enabled
Ethernet Switch Service: disabled

Can anyone please let me know, changing the FID will cause any segmentation of switches in the fabric. We are planning to change the FID of switch 2 to 127 followingly switch 3 to 126 and switch 4 to 125. Let me know if there are any sequence needed to be followed for doing this and also tell any changes need to be done in DID as well.

Regards,

Ram.

Contributor

Re: Need to change FID of DCX switch

All switches in a fabric should have the same FID. You have two fabrics so if you want to change some FIDs, make sure that two connected switches would match. Otherwise they will report segmentation and ISL traffic will stop.
Contributor

Re: Need to change FID of DCX switch

Hello,

to be honest i really dont understand why you want to change FID if you are not using virtual fabrics. As the Alexey mentioned all switches in fabric should have same FID, if not your fabric will segment. 

For changing of Domain ID you have to disable switch first. This action is disruptive.

So all switches in fabric need to have same FID but different Domain ID, if not fabric will segment.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.