For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Need help to understand the difference between Core Blade and CP Blade in Dorector Switches

Hi Folks,

Could some one please help me to understand the difference b/w Core Blade and CP Blade in Dorector Class Switches inrterls of functionality,hardware configuration.

Pls share a doc link to k now more about it.

Thanks In Advance

External Moderator

Re: Need help to understand the difference between Core Blade and CP Blade in Dorector Switches

@Ravikanth

I've moved the Thread in correct forum.

about you question, CP = Control Processor, one work active one standby, are the management blade that contain FOS and all the config.

For the Core Blade, both work active, there is nothing to configure trough the CP, excepted ICL License is installed.

see url below

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/deployment-guide/brocade-scaleout-architecture-x6-dcx8510-dp/GUID-26A4F31C-F417-46C6-95E5-0A8312B6A627.html

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: Need help to understand the difference between Core Blade and CP Blade in Dorector Switches

Thank you so much Antonio for addressing this.

Need one help.

I need to train new folks in my team on SAN Environment and few Switch Models.They are new to SAN and I need to teach then from scratch like what is SAN, how Data Transfer works in SAN,how the connectivity takes place, how the Brocade Generations evolved.

Could you please hlep me if you have any good document or PPT.

Thanks

Hello rabijja1@in.ibm.com

I would personally recommend using the "Learning Portal" within the My Brocade site to access the learning content for the Brocade SAN product line. Depending on your company relationship with Brocade, you maybe able to access these self pace courses for free or for a fee. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.