For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

mc7

LUNs on Fabric 2 not available to hosts after moving switch3 to Fabric3 from Fabric2 in Brocade Network Advisor.

One of my colleagues moved a Brocade 200E Switch(Switch3) from Fabric2 to newly created Fabric3 in Brocade Network advisor.

As soon as that was done the log in Network advisor says the ISL between switch2 & switch3 was broken.

Switch3 was the master in Fabric2.

Topology of Fabric2 was :

Switch 1 ---> Switch2 ----> Switch3

Also, if I run the "switchshow" command on the Switch2 then all ports show as disabled.

This would explain why ISL is broken but I am not sure why all ports got disabled on switch2?

Has creating Fabric3 in Network Advisor introduced a third fabric with a different Fabric ID?

Is it safe to enable the ports on Switch2(especially ISL port)?

And can we safely remove switch3 from Fabric3 and discover it back in Fabric2?

Would it retain its config if we do that?

Would this cause any other problems?

Frequent Contributor

Re: LUNs on Fabric 2 not available to hosts after moving switch3 to Fabric3 from Fabric2 in Brocade Network Advisor.

Hello,

I dont believe that there is any option to create fabric in BNA.

BNA is automatically discovering members of fabric based on IP and SNMP configuration.

It looks like that your colleague probable disabled/decomissioned switch via BNA because of that you see new Fabric 3.

Please paste output of command "fabstatsshow", and "switchstatusshow" for all three switches.

Regards

Marian

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.