For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Interop mode 3 between Brocade 5000 and cisco MDS switch :propagation Zone Fail

hello

i have 2 fabrics with for each one a DS5000 ( Brocade OEM) 16 port and CISCO MDS switch for Ibm blade center.

With FOS 6.01a for the 5000B who is the principal and SAN OS 3.1(3a) for the Cisco, i use the Interope Mode 3 on the cisco, so my DS5000 is not altered ( core PID enabled)

When i create or change my config zone on the DS5000, there is not propagation to the cisco !

if i make a "shut/no shut" for the ISL port on the cisco ( ext0) i have this message

PORT-5-IF_DOWN_ZONE_MERGE_FAILURE_ISOLATION: %$VSAN 1%$ Interface ext0 is down (Isolation due to zone merge failure

after i enable the port with "zone merge interface ext0 import vsan 1" and i get a correct new zoneset ..

but i can not stop my fabric for besure to propagate a zone change on my principal swith

someone has an idea ?

thanks

Pascal

External Moderator

Re: Interop mode 3 between Brocade 5000 and cisco MDS switch :propagation Zone Fail

Pascal,

i have my doubt that SAN-OS rel 3.1.x work with FOS 6.x

Only FabOS v5.3.0b is Certified by Cisco with SAN-OS 3.2.x and 3.3.x

Interop Matrix is Attached.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: Interop mode 3 between Brocade 5000 and cisco MDS switch :propagation Zone Fail

Hi

i check this file . so i can not find my Brocade Switch Model ( 5000) but, wihtout take this, i have the SAN OS 3.1 (3a) version ( i think to upgrade) and for FOS 5.3.0b we need what you tell, SAN OS 3.2.x and 3.3.x ..

and i don't have..

Interop Matrix from EMC ( OEM brocade) and Cisco are not the same !!

thank you ..

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.