For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

HTTPS certificate expired

Hello,

I'm facing an issue on my switch where I get the following message :

SEC-3081 : Event: X509v3, Certificate Validation failed, Info: Reason = certificate has expired.

As far as I understand, the SSL or TLS certificate is expired.

Where can I find a procedure to renew them ?

External Moderator

Re: HTTPS certificate expired

@Yves_Simon

the issue was closed by diverse FOS Release. Based on the version you running need to update the FOS in order to Fix the Certificate failure.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hello,

The switch was initially delivered with release 7.4 and has been upgraded 2 months ago to 8.1.2a, which is not, in my opinion, an old code. How does it come certificate are expired on this release ?
External Moderator

@Yves_Simon

it is not a question of NEW or Old FOS release, moreover in you case a certificate question.

in example in FOS 8.1.2b closed Defect when self-signed certificate is used

SEC-3081 message stay indicate follow:

Message Event: <Event Name>, <Event action>, Info: <Even specific info >.
Message Type AUDIT | LOG
Class SECURITY
Severity INFO
Probable Cause Indicates that Transport Layer Security (TLS) Certificate Validation failed.
Recommended
Action
Verify if the security event was planned. If the security event was planned, no action is required. If the security
event was not planned, take appropriate action as defined by your enterprise security policy.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Antonio,

I'm lost here. I cannot connect to switch GUI on HTTPS anymore. HTTP is working fine. Anyway, for security reasons, we would like to restrict only to HTTPS. How can I renew this certificate and avoid error messages ?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.