For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Fabric OS Upgrade from v6.2.2f to v7.4.x on Brocade 300 FC Switch

Hi guys,

Need help on the path I need to take on the upgrade?

I need to take

6.2.2.f > 7.4.x

But according to this :

https://community.brocade.com/t5/Fibre-Channel-SAN/Brocade-Fabric-OS-Target-Path-Technical-Brief/ta-p/63946

FOS v6.0.0c → FOS v6.1.2c → FOS v6.2.2f → FOS v6.3.2d → FOS v6.4.3d/e/f/g → FOS v7.0.2c/d/e → FOS v7.1.1a/b/c* →FOS v7.2.1a/b/c/d

only stops at 7.2.x and not sure what would to get to 7.4.x

And didn't state on the disruptive of the path hops. But assuming all path are disruptive.

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Thanks,
Ronald

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Fabric OS Upgrade from v6.2.2f to v7.4.x on Brocade 300 FC Switch

Hello,

Attached is the latest target path.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,

Are all targets disruptive?

Thanks,
Ronald

Broadcom Moderator

[ Edited ]

Following the steps of upgrade, the upgrades are non disruptive for FC traffic.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Another question. regarding the patch with a/b/c/d/e... does it matter what version with letters on it or any version that falls under?

Thanks,
Ronald

Occasional Contributor

Cause checking this was the path I found

FOS v6.0.0c → FOS v6.1.2c → FOS v6.2.2f → FOS v6.3.2d → FOS v6.4.3d/e/f/g → FOS v7.0.2c/d/e → FOS v7.1.1a/b/c* →FOS v7.2.1a/b/c/d

which ends on v7.2.1a/b/c/d

but on the link you gave

Upgrade Path to Brocade for Open Systems Environments
FOS 7.2.1g*  FOS 7.3.1d/e  FOS 7.4.2a  FOS 8.0.2c
* Note:
Brocade FOS 7.2.1d or later is recommended for the Brocade 7800.

Upgrade Path to Brocade for FICON Environments
FOS 7.2.1d  FOS 7.3.1c*  FOS 7.4.2a  FOS 8.0.2b
* Note:
For FCIP FICON emulation (XRC, tape, etc.), substitute the recommended releases noted in Table 2.

Can I assume that I can use the FICON? since on the old path it doesn't have the G but FICON does?

Thanks,
Ronald

Broadcom Moderator

[ Edited ]

Yes 7.2.1d/e/f/g are fine.

Better is to use 7.2.1g.

Occasional Contributor

Still on the process of scheduling the upgrade. Do you think I need something to check before proceeding? I have 2 switch, I think they are redundant. so I can update them one at a time right? and since as far as I know it is destruptive so I need to check everything first before jumping to another path? Since I am way behind.

External Moderator

@ronald_campana

--->>>.... I think they are redundant.....

what you meaning as redundant ?

is a Single or Dual Fabric ? with other word, are both switch connected - ISL - beetwen ?

or is each switch standalone Dual Fabric ?

you can check from command line with the command "fabricshow"

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.