For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

FOS Upgrade

Hi,

I've two brocade HP blade SAN SW FOS v7.0.0c and I need to upgrade them to FOS v7.4.1d how to proceed?

your answer is highly appreciated. 

Highlighted
Broadcom Moderator

Re: FOS Upgrade

Download the code from my.brocade.com 'software downloads' tab - versions 7.1.2b, 7.2.1c, 7.3.2b, and 7.4.1c. Without knowing which blade model you have, it is best to check the FOS Release notes for your particular blade server and see that it is supported(presume it is). 

Once you have them on a blade server which can  access the fabric switch, you will then log into the blade switch and run the firmwareshow command. Then firmwaredownload command. 

A few warnings: FOS does not support Fabric Watch after FOS 7.2.x. If you are using Fabric Watch, it converts to MAPS, and you will need to convert your FW to MAPS using the instructions in the MAPS Admin guide found in Documents tab. Also, blade type switches do not support all the full features of dept switches, so there may be limitations on what you can do to check the switch after download. You must download each release in order, cannot jump releases.

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.