For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Enable MAPS

Hi All,

I am planning to move to MAPS from Fabric Watch. I understood that in order to move from Fabric watch to MAPS, i either need Fabric Vision license(which I don't have) or Fabric watch together with Advance performance monitoring license.

Though I have Fabric watch licences but I don't have advance performance monitoring license. Is there a way I can still go to MAPS?

And also I have performance monitoring license is it same as advance performance monitoring license?

Regards

Amit

External Moderator

Re: Enable MAPS

@amitgupta4022

yes with restrictions:

for more details please refer the MAPS Configuration Guide.

Initial MAPS setup
The Brocade Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS) is installed by default, but to enable more than the basic functionality, you
must activate the Fabric Vision license.
MAPS is enabled by default starting with Fabric OS 7.4.0. Without a Fabric Vision license the functionality is limited to rules included in
the base policy, dflt_base_policy.

Activating MAPS without a Fabric Vision license
If you have not activated a Fabric Vision license, you can still use a limited set of MAPS functions.
MAPS is automatically enabled when you install Fabric OS 7.4.0 or later versions; however, if you have not installed and activated the
Fabric Vision license, you will only be able to use rules that are included in the base policy.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.