For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

DS-4700M corrupt firmware

I have a DS-4700M with corrupt firmware (when powering on it just sits with all the orange port lights on solid and the network port lights on green and does nothing else). Is there any way of getting either a firmware image I can flash to the device or a replacement CF card with the firmware on?

External Moderator

Re: DS-4700M corrupt firmware

@_Matthew

EOS is not longer available for download

As far as i remember, the 4700 have Embedded Flash on Board and no removable Compact Flash.

TechHelp24
Broadcom Moderator

Re: DS-4700M corrupt firmware

Do you have the IP addr of the switch? If yes, can you establish a telnet session to the switch?(EOS may be running, but in degraded state) If yes, can you run any commands? If yes, use this link to review the 'maint' commands avail under EOS and attempt to reset to factory, maint commands start on page 2-124:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00565263

Frex: maint.system.ipl & maint.system.resetConfig

If the reset is used, the network will go back to default IP addr 10.1.1.10 and the maint level password is "level-2". 

Good luck

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.