08-22-2012 02:54 AM
i've been asked to update the zoning on a DCX backbone....
But i'm unable to login, web interface, ssh or telent, now i have been assured the username/password is correct and it works on the isl'd dcx .
DCX is at FOS 7.0.1,
i've tried to follow a guide online about resetting the passwords from the communities..
1) Connect to the serial console port on Standby CP and reboot the board
2) Press ESC at the message “Press escape within 4 seconds...” The Boot PROM menu is displayed,select "3" to enter command shell
3) Run the printenv command, then save the output to a file
4) Lead the OS into single-user mode
=> setenv OSLoadOptions single
=> boot ATA()0xa64g
5) Mount filesystem
> mount -o remount,rw,noatime /
> mount /dev/hda2 /mnt (where hda is followed by the second partition value (such as hda1 or hda2) from OSRootpartition value in the printenv
6) Reset password to factory default
> reboot -f
7) Reset the password for all accounts on Active CP(still execute it on Standby CP via "rsh")
> /etc/init.d/network start
> rsh 127.1.1.7 /sbin/passwddefault
> rsh 127.1.1.8 /sbin/passwddefault
8) Reboot the standby CP
> reboot -f
9) Log in to the active CP as admin from a telnet or serial connection,change the password for all built-in accounts.
After step 6, reboot -f ...do i allow it to fully reboot?? or escape again to get the command prompt to complete step 7?
08-22-2012 04:40 AM
be aware, since FOS 7.x, Brocade made some small change in the password recovery procedure which are descripted in 53-1000114-04
Some Step as descripted in old 53-1000114-02 Procedure are a bit different.
08-22-2012 05:44 AM
Is not GA for download, and I'm not authorized to upload the DOC here, Sorry for that.
Please open a call with you vendor or by brocade if the switch is under maintenance.
09-03-2012 01:53 AM
this was resolved, it was an ldap issue.
which was resolved by resetting the password, as per above .. andalso reseting the the pam files..
Type <rsh <IP_Address> cp /etc/pam.d/login.noradius /etc/pam.d/ttylogin>
Type <rsh <IP_Address> cp /etc/pam.d/login.noradius /etc/pam.d/netlogin>
Type <rsh <IP_Address> cp /etc/pam.d/sshd.noradius /etc/pam.d/sshd>
Type <rsh <IP_Address> cp /etc/pam.d/login.noradius /mnt/etc/pam.d/ttylogin>
Type <rsh <IP_Address> cp /etc/pam.d/login.noradius /mnt/etc/pam.d/netlogin>
Type <rsh <IP_Address> cp /etc/pam.d/sshd.noradius /mnt/etc/pam.d/sshd>