For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can we have 2 dedicated FCIP tunnels on SAN extension switches. Like 1 for HDS and 1 for DELL/EMC.

Let us assume that we have BROCADE-7800s with ports-00, 01 are used for HDS and ports-02, 03 are used for DELL-EMC.

I would like to create tunnel-16 for HDS replciation on GE0 and tunnel-17 for EMC replication on GE1.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Vijay.

Occasional Visitor

Re: Can we have 2 dedicated FCIP tunnels on SAN extension switches. Like 1 for HDS and 1 for DELL/EMC.

Absolutely.  You could have 4+ different dedicated FCIP tunnels for different vendors or the same vendors replication traffic.  Brocade and your vendors will recommend that each tunnel have its own dedicate WAN connection though as FC traffic is extremely sensitive to any delays, out of order delivery, and slow starts that can occur over the IP network.  

New Contributor

Re: Can we have 2 dedicated FCIP tunnels on SAN extension switches. Like 1 for HDS and 1 for DELL/EMC.

Thanks for your input Adam.

I don;t see an option to tag FC ports to allow traffic to certain FCIP tunnel or circuit. Is there any option to isolate the traffic with respect to FC ports? I'm looking for some documents to create dedicated FCIP tunnels for different vendors. Once again, Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Vijay.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

you may use Trafic Isolation Zoning to create dedicated paths from source to destination.
Its possible to use set of N_Ports, E or VE ports to specify private paths between devices.

For more info check administration guide for your FOS version.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.