For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Automated daily health report from brocade SAN fabric

Hello Team, 

I would like to  have a daily report generated for all the fabric in our enviornment. I want to see only the failed  parts to be listed in the report. 

What is the best way to do  ? do we have any script already in place or any option on BNA ?

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Automated daily health report from brocade SAN fabric

Provided your FOS is at 7.1 or later, you can enable MAPS which is the Monitoring & Alerting Policy Suite. This is a comprehensive utility in FOS that will monitor, and report any faults within a switch, or group of switches. Please research the MAPS facility, and download the MAPS admin guide from the documents section of my.brocade.com.

In addition to the MAPS features, we also have a SAN Health report. This is an external facility that will load information from each switch or group of switches and complete a scheduled report for you. The SAN Health can also be found from a link on my.brocade.com. 

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.