Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Access Gateway Switch

Hi Folks,

Need your expertise on how to enable HTTPS on AG switches.

I have Brocade FC blade switch M5424 with Dell chassis. I wanted to enable HTTPS on those AG switches and tried with below command.

FCM5424:admin> seccertutil 

Error: This command is not supported in AG mode

These AG switches are on firmware V7.0.1 and am not sure if that supports or any other command usage on AG switch.Contacted Brocade and they advised me to check with Dell and they told on this version that commnd should work.

Please let me know what might be the issue if you have crossed this scenario.

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Access Gateway Switch

Both Dell, and Brocade documentation do not show support for HTTPS protocol on the M5425. See below:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/povw/brocade-m5424

https://www.brocade.com/content/dam/common/documents/content-types/datasheet/dl-ds-207-00.pdf

It would appear that secure socket is not avail in that version of FOS.

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Occasional Contributor

Re: Access Gateway Switch

Thank for the reply. But i did find some information that if i upgrade the firmware seccertutil commands will work.

I am not sure though so please let me know if that make sense.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.