For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

5100 Died - Revoverable ?

Hi to you all

not sure if this is recoverable, in the early hours of this morning one of our 5100's failed, from what we can see it started to ramp up on the cpu and then rebooted itself but did not come back. The unit is off, the PSU were pulled and left a while then re-installed , but there was no response from the PSU's when inserted, On the Board of the 5100 there is one green LED but the unit is un responsive to anything

As it looks like it is dead, is it possible to remove teh 1GB SSD ( which I guess holds the config ) and install it to another 5100 or is it possible to get the licenses transfered to another 5100 when we have obtained one ?

The PSU's are good as I have tested them in a working 5100

Highlighted
External Moderator

Re: 5100 Died - Revoverable ?

@AVAGO

->... is it possible to remove teh 1GB SSD ( which I guess holds the config ) and install it to another 5100 ....

NO

->... or is it possible to get the licenses transfered to another 5100 when we have obtained one ?

NO

Excepted Switch is under maintenance contract, in such case by replacement License can be transfered to new switch.

TechHelp24

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.