For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

200E vs 300 CLI differences

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I want to learn Brocade CLI.

As I know 200E latest FOS is 6.2.2e while 300 is 8.x

Since used 300 eBay price so much different compare to 200E.

I am thinking to buy 200E as my lab

?

1. Is the CLI in both model the same command

2. If I bought it. How do I know all ports are good from CLI

maybe from diagnostic command

3. Can I do ISL trunk with 2x200E

4. How do I know it has trunk license

5. what is latest firmware version for 5000 and 7600 series

thanks

Broadcom Moderator

Re: 200E vs 300 CLI differences

[ Edited ]

You can download the command reference from the my.brocade.com under 'Documents'. Use the FOS 8 guide. The commands are all basically the same, but there are more commands, and some changes from commands which work differently. 

1 Same structure. The generic nomenclature is first followed by the 'show' word. EX: portshow, switchshow, fabricshow, islshow, etc.

2 run switchshow, and then portshow n, and then sfpshow n. Best test is to connect a device to the port and see that it logs into the nameserver; nsshow or nsallshow.

3 yes, provided the switches are both licensed for trunking, and you have trunking enabled. trunkshow

4 licenseshow

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Occasional Contributor

Re: 200E vs 300 CLI differences

5. what is latest firmware version for 5000 and 7600 series

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.