Federal Insights

The SLX Router (and Safely Landing ASCII Jetliners)

by Wilbur_Smith ‎09-06-2017 10:23 AM - edited ‎09-06-2017 10:25 AM (2,273 Views)

As I was thinking through a topic for this blog entry, I remembered a conversation with a fellow SE describing their customer’s first demo with our new SLX router: “…yeah, and he thinks Air Traffic Controller is a blast!”

Though I didn’t get it initially, the comment was a joking reference to the underlying Linux OS that SLX-OS is built on. It took some Googling to learn Air Traffic Controller is a TTY Console-based game that has survived as a port into Linux. Still confused? Don’t worry, because the Internet is amazing at stuff like this: https://ttygames.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/air-traffic-controller

So is there really a hidden console game on Brocade’s newest routing platform, the SLX? Not quite, but it is inside the Third Party VM (TPVM) that can be deployed on SLX. What’s the TPVM and why should customers care? Before answering, let’s take a step back.

Read more...

Announcements
vADC is now Pulse Secure
We are excited to announce that the vADC, vRouter, vEPC and SDN Controller Acquisitions from Brocade are complete!
Download FREE NVMe eBook
Gen6 Downloads and Videos
Labels