Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

network and san connectivity problems

We are experiencing intermittent connectivity on our vms. When a user complains about a specific virtual machine I ping the machine and it will have latency up to 3983ms but when I ping the blade that the machine resides on its connectivity seems unaffected in the ping status.  I am not for sure if this is a host issue or if something else is going on. Not only does remote desktop sessions fail when it does work the machine has extreme lag to the point of unavailability.

We currently have 28 hosts in our main cluster. I think VMWARE's recommended limit  is 33 hosts which we are in that range. I don't know where to begin troubleshooting this issue considering the physical infrastructure seems to be working properly. 

Does anyone have any suggestions that would be a sound process in diagnosing this problem? 

Are there any network diagnostic tools for virtual environments to assist in troubleshooting? 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook