For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-21-2017

i want to replace the switch.

Hi ,


what is the procedure for changing the faulty switch??

Broadcom Moderator
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎09-10-2008

Re: i want to replace the switch.


Hi ,


Please ask  to  Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
to contact :


If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided
solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If
you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through
Brocade, or through  your OEM equipment provider.


Frequent Contributor
Posts: 137
Registered: ‎07-20-2015

Re: i want to replace the switch.

Okay, so it depends completely on your environment.


Media type of connections: fiber or copper.  Subtypes if tranceivers are used matching media type.  LAG configureations, VLANs, Tagged/Untagged/Dual-Mode (native-vlan) etc.


If routing then IP addresses of interfaces or SVIs, static routes, dyanmic routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF for example... Gateway virtualization...


Netflows such as sflow etc.


The list goes on and on, but there really is no one-size fits all configureation regardless of what vendor you go with.


You might be best checking with yoru vendor.  Many customers benefit from professional services.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.