Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

how can i change TEMPERATURE shutdown level

hi all

i have some types of brocade switches and routers and it was configured with TEMPERATURE shutdown level 55 but i awant to change this value

===============================================

i try this command but i cant find it in my switches:

EXAMPLE:

To change the shutdown temperature from 55 to 57 degrees Celsius, enter the following command:

BigIron# temperature shutdown 57

Syntax: temperature shutdown <value>

The <value> can be 0 – 125.

Possible values: 0 – 125 degrees Celsius

Default value: 55

temperature warning

==============================================================

how can i do that.

thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: how can i change TEMPERATURE shutdown level

Hi,

It may be that, that command is not support by the version of code you are running.  It may not be support on all switch and routers either.

I can se that command in the ServierIron ADX manual for code 12.1.00.

I can not find that command in the FastIron code 7.1.00 manual at all. (that is the latest).

Also are you having a issue with swiches shuting down due to high temp? If you change this value you may (I do not know) void warrenty on the kit.  Check the datasheets for each f the type of switches or routers that you have to make sure you are using them in the correct enviromentals range.  Most run up to 45 degree C (for room temp).

New Contributor

Re: how can i change TEMPERATURE shutdown level

To set the warn and shutdown temperatures on older FES and FESX and BigIron code you need to enter the commands OUTSIDE the "config terminal" mode - i.e. log in - go to enable mode and then enter the commands.

User Access Verification

Please Enter Password:

User login successful.

telnet@device> ena

User Name: iron

Password:

telnet@device# temp ?

shutdown          Temperature at which the module shuts down itself

warning           Temperature at which the module sends a warning

On newer FESX code the warn and shutdown temperatures are automatically coded at 80 and 90 degrees - and it's only the warning temperature that can be changed (from within "config terminal" mode via "temp warn 50" for example)

The tweaking of fan speeds is similarly variable between hardware and versions!

P

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook