Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Visitor

dhcp failing on guest vlan

[ Edited ]

Problem is when a client connects to guest vlan cannot get ip from dhcp helpers.

hub and spoke network with 12 vlans @spoke location.

all switches point back to single core switch with all vlans and ve interfaces. with 1 default route 0.0.0.0/0 10.48.250.1 to a cisco handoff. I have no control over network after that. 

I have been given a firewall address, a vlan name and subnet, 2 helper addresses behind the firewall.

i created new guest vlan on 1 switch in a closet and in my core switch. and created svi in core switch just like all 11 other vlans.

i have wiresharked another port in same vlan and can see discover packets going out but dont see any offers.

i can ping and traceroute the helper addresses from core switch and source ping and traceroute them as well

firewall administrator says he does see pings and traceroute but doesnt see any dhcp traffic.

show ip route  shows my default route,  and all my ve interfaces as directly connected routes.

traceroute showes 

1    <1 ms   <1 ms   <1 ms 10.48.250.1 

2    <1 ms   <1 ms   <1 ms 10.0.0.202 

3    <1 ms   <1 ms   <1 ms 10.0.0.132

4     2 ms    1 ms    2 ms 10.0.0.180 

5     1 ms   <1 ms   <1 ms 10.70.255.254 firewall

6     1 ms    1 ms    1 ms 10.73.0.20 helper address

would adding a static route for guest vlan subnet straight to firewall produce any difference in sending dhcp to firewall?

Frequent Contributor

Re: dhcp failing on guest vlan

[ Edited ]

Hello @M1keF,

Welcome to the Community!

While we still encourage the Community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you know that I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement Team. They will be reaching out to you shortly to gather more information regarding your configuration, so we can get you routed to the correct group.

Once your case is closed, if appropriate, we will post the resolution to this thread to help others within the Community; or, if you'd prefer, please come back and post the resolution yourself.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help faciliate your case resolution.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged Program by clicking on the link below.

Thank you!

Denise K.
Brocade Community Team

@DeniseK

TAC Engaged Program

TAC Engaged Program

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook