Ethernet Switches & Routers

Frequent Contributor

Yet Another Brocade Bug

Checking my switches today... eastern time zone, they ARE all still synced to NTP, yet they already rolled back from EDT to EST even though that change doesn't happen until 11/5.

Any chance Brocade could apply the Energy Policy Act of 2005 at some point.  The devices in question are ICX 7450's running firmware from August 2017.

It just seems to me it should work.

Brocade Moderator

Re: Yet Another Brocade Bug

Netwiz,

I have not seen this in other switches. Can you provide the version you are running currently and the version of os and boot (show flash)? If the switch NTP status is synchronized, then can you confirm the NTP server time? Compared to show clock.

Thanks

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of merchantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Frequent Contributor

Re: Yet Another Brocade Bug

SSH@SA-Aggregation_Stack#sh ntp ass
address ref clock st when poll reach delay offset disp
*~209.208.79.69 130.207.244.240 2 37 64 377 27.228 -5.4470 2.667
* synced, # selected, + candidate, - outlayer, x falseticker, ~ configured

clock summer-time
clock timezone us Eastern
!
!
ntp
server 209.208.79.69
!

SSH@SA-Aggregation_Stack#sh clock
14:56:17.738 Eastern Fri Nov 03 2017

Server time is accurate.

It is actually 15:56 ish now.

Thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook